Autool Portable 12V Ignition Timing Light Gun Engine Timing Light Strobe Lamp Detector Motorcycle Car Repair Tool Timin
AUTOOL Portable 12V Ignition Timing Light Gun Engine Timing Light Strobe Lamp Detector Motorcycle Car Repair Tool Timing Gun
1. The ignition timing gun is suitable for cars, motorcycles and all two-stroke or four-stroke gasoline engines. It adopts impact-resistant ABS shell, and the working voltage is 12V. The ignition timing lamp can intuitively detect the ignition timing on the flywheel or pulley of the engine. Make appropriate adjustments at all times. It can detect the car knock suppression control system, the vacuum advance angle control system, and the advance angle that changes with the change of speed. Under the long-term normal wear and tear of the engine, the timing belt and pulley are regularly replaced, If the cylinder pressure s, the ignition timing must be adjusted again. To
2. The early and late ignition timing directly affects the normal operation of the engine. In severe cases, the engine cannot be started. If the engine speeds up too early, it will make a metal knocking sound like "quack and quack", the starting resistance is large, the engine is difficult to rotate, the power is reduced, the idling speed is unstable, and the shaking. If the ignition is too late, it will cause difficulty in starting or insufficient power. Fuel consumption accelerates engine wear
Adjustment method of automobile ignition timing:
(1) Adjustment method without timing lamp
1) First, adjust the contact gap of the distributor to be suitable as required.
2) Find the compression top dead center position of the first cylinder. Remove the high-voltage branch line of the next cylinder. Use the spark plug sleeve to remove the spark plug of the first cylinder, block the spark plug hole with your thumb or a cloth ball, and then shake the engine crankshaft. When you feel resistance to the cylinder, slowly roll the crankshaft while observing to align the timing mark.
3) Adjust the power distribution to the moment when the contact is closed. After the above-mentioned parts meet the requirements, turn on the ignition switch, loosen the fixing screws of the distributor housing, and turn the distributor housing to close the breaker contacts. Then turn the distributor in the reverse direction until the distributor contacts have just opened. At this moment, a small electric spark can be seen between the contacts. Then tighten the fixing screws of the distributor housing and adjust the octane number to the scale. The position of zero; at this time, the direction pointed by the split burner is the position of the first cylinder.
4) Insert the high-voltage branch line on the distributor cover according to the ignition sequence, and tighten the screws by hand to temporarily fix the distributor.
5) Start the engine and check the ignition timing. If the engine ignition system and fuel supply system are well adjusted at this time, the engine exhaust pipe should be dripping, and engine vibration and noise should be minimized.
(2) Timing lamp adjustment method
1) Start the engine to warm up and reach normal operating temperature;
2) Connect the two clamps of the ignition timing lamp to the positive (red) and negative poles (black) of the battery respectively, and clamp the sensor to the high-voltage wire of the first cylinder;
3) Adjust the engine speed to the normal idling state, use the ignition timing lamp to illuminate the timing pulley, and check whether the mark on the pulley is the angle specified by the manufacturer (usually 6~10).
4) If you need to adjust, loosen the distributor screw, use the ignition timing to align the timing pulley and then turn the distributor (turn left and right) until the scale mark is at the specified value, and finally tighten the distributor screw.